Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What's a Gallery Wrapped Canvas??

So I thought I would create this entry specifically to answer this question. I just so happen to have gotten my 2nd one today! I LOVE these and wished that it wouldn't look weird or completely vain to plaster these all over my home! A gallery wrapped canvas is your favorite Been Blessed image transferred to a canvas (16x20 in this case). The image is actually bigger than the frame so that's where the wrapped part comes into play. They take the image and wrap it around 1 1/2 inch stretchers so the image actually flows off the front of the portrait. This type of portrait needs no glass or frame and can either lean against a wall on a mantle or shelf, use an easel, or hang like a traditional framed portrait would. I just adore the way they look and highly recommend them for your favorite portraits. Here are some pictures of what mine looks like....(please no grading on the product photography...obviously not my forte).
Front View:
Side View:
Corner:
Texture: (if you can see it)
Oh, and Thank you Angela for the beautiful family portraits!
I hope that answers any questions about what a Gallery Wrapped Canvas is!

No comments: