Thursday, October 9, 2008

News and Info For You!

From September through December each year, photographers around the country go crazy! It's the busy season, and I thought I wold update everyone on where I stand as far as pricing, availability, and cut off dates for ordering. Also, I have some fun new stuff I want to share with you too!

First, I have 3 holiday/family sessions left for this season! They are all in November so if you are interested, please either email me via the contact page at www.beenblessedmaternity.com (have mercy that site needs updating, pardon my laziness on that end), or leave a comment at the end of this post. I would love to meet with you and your family in order to capture this special time of year. If you are expecting a new blessing or have just been blessed with a new baby, please contact me as soon as you can. I set aside special time in my calendar for those types of shoots!

If you are wanting to send out Christmas cards with an image from your session, or would like to have pictures in time for the holidays, the cut off for orders is December 5th. I know that sounds like eons away, but it really is just around the corner. YIKES!

As mentioned above, my website is officially archaic in the sense that it hasn't been updated in over a year...that's a whole other post. With that though, there have been some changes to products and pricing starting this past August.

First the fun stuff. I have switched vendors for my coffee table book and also have teamed up with another photographer to create custom designed pages for these books. They are now a 10x10, hinged page (this means they lay completely flat when opened), and you have the choice between a leather, fabric, or photo cover (all hardback). These coffee table books are a great way to be able to walk away from a session with all of your images, with out having to think about where you will hang everything on your walls. They are great for the Maternity/Newborn sessions or for the 1 Year Plan. Also, they work great for single sessions where there are a lot of images such as family sessions or Senior sessions. Really, everyone should have a coffee table book...they are just that great!

Also, I have put together a system that allows me to show you how to design your walls with your new portraits. Many times clients will tell me that they are so happy with images, but they just don't know where to display them or how to arrange them. I can help! Now, with your proof book, you will see a few wall displays put together for you, complete with image size, arrangement, AND I will use the images from your session to show you what it looks like. HOW COOL IS THAT!! Here's a sample of what I'm talking about...



My clients so far have loved them! I have loved them! Let me know how I can help you arrange your walls so that you can display your blessings beautifully.

Lastly, pricing. First, I am now charging a session fee. I know, I know! You are thinking, "Yuck!" Here's the good news: 100% of your session fee goes towards your prints as a print credit! (See that wasn't so bad.) Session fees are $150 for a single session or $225 for a Maternity/Newborn. They are due at the beginning of your session. If you are interested in a 1 Year Plan, we'll discuss pricing because everyone has different ideas as to what they consider milestone moments that first year of life, and I am all about flexibility. Also, I am now offering packaging. With these packages, you can mix and match images or you can choose all of the same images. It's your choice, and you'll save money by ordering your images as a package! Click on the sidebar for packaging info and pricing. If you don't see a package that suites your tastes/needs, no worries! I still offer prints al la carte. Prints start at $20. Check the Side bar for more detailed pricing.

WHEW! I think that's it! If you made it this far, congratulations and thank you! You are officially updated. :) I hope to see you all soon!

-Mandie

No comments: