Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halloween Must be Around the Corner!

I am a native to Colorado. Been here all my years...never moved away. I will say though that this is the first time I have ever seen what I saw on my porch just a few days ago....yes, I know they live here (as well as almost anywhere), just never saw one outside of the zoo.

It was a beautiful day, and I was soaking up the late summer sun while the kids were napping. Missy Moo had woken up and came outside to ride her bike. I continued to soak up the sun on the front porch of my home which faces South so there is ample warmth. Little did I know that I was sharing my porch with a little critter.

Moo wanted something from inside so I turned to go in and get it when I noticed him. He was just a blob on the wall. I had to get just a bit closer before I realized what I was looking at...A BAT!!! Oh, I squealed like a stuck pig. I tried to compose myself before the Moo came over to see what was wrong with her grown mother. Apparently this little guy had gotten lost on his way back home and decided our porch would work well until he could find his way back (This is the story I am sticking with versus he was a rabid bloodsucking beast seeking us out in the night)...He did in fact leave that evening and thankfully hasn't been back. Moo thought it was pretty cool, and I did take some pictures. These were the only ones that didn't have blur from camera shake....hey, I was a bit scared!

No comments: